Where can I find a copy of the latest issue of 225?
225 is a free publication, available to all those in the 225 region on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is published 12 times a year, with a new copy typically arriving on newsstands by the 1st of the month. Check out our newsstand map to find the location closest to you.
The newsstands ran out of the current issue! Can I still get a copy? And how about copies of back issues?
How can I have a newsstand added to my business?
Locations are selected based on business type, unique monthly traffic, accessibility to readership, proximity to existing newsstand locations and the publisher’s discretion. Email us to request an application.
How can I sign up for your e-newsletters?
225 publishes 225 Dine each week every Tuesday and Thursday. You can sign up here.
How are Best Of 225 winners chosen?
Nominees and winners are chosen each spring by readers in a series of public, online surveys at 225batonrouge.com. All residents in the 225 area code are encouraged to nominate their favorite local businesses, people and things to do in the Greater Baton Rouge area. The top (up to 14) businesses/people with the most nominations in each category move on to the final voting round. 225 does not favor any single nominee, regardless of advertiser status.
After final voting is over, the Best Of winners are announced in 225’s July Best Of 225 issue. For more on the Best of 225 process, check our Best of 225 FAQ.
How can I find out more about advertising?
Learn about specs and rate cards, reserving space in our biggest issues of the year or partnering with us on events and sponsorships our media kit. If you have additional questions, please reach [email protected].
I’m a writer or photographer. How can I get my work published in 225?
You can learn more about our freelance and employment opportunities on our careers page. We also offer a year-round internship program, and we encourage aspiring journalists or photojournalists to apply.
I have a story idea. Who should I send it to?
Please send story ideas to [email protected]. We welcome all pitches, but will give bonus points if you have an idea or story subject that fits one of our recurring features, such as:
• Picture This: Highlights a photo or photo series by a local photographer
• I am 225: Interesting locals share slice-of-life stories about working and living in Baton Rouge
• My Space: Tour uniquely decorated/designed homes in Baton Rouge. Send photos of your entire home or favorite rooms.
• First Impression: Newcomers share their thoughts on the city during their first few months living here
• Long Distance: Natives who have moved away share their experiences in distant cities
• Show Me Yours: Locals share the stories behind their collections
• Memory Lane: Old photos and stories of Baton Rouge’s colorful past
• What’s Up With That?: Got a question about something weird in BR? We’ll investigate.
• What’s in a Name?: So how did Hoo Shoo Too Road get its name? We’ll dig for answers to your burning name-related questions.
• Celeb Snap: If Mark Zuckerberg comes into town and you get a photo with him, we want to see it.
• Separated at Birth: Send us your celebrity doppelgänger photos!