Get a behind-the-scenes look at how a magazine is created and find out if this is the career for you. Photography interns will learn how to shoot a variety of subjects for editorial spreads in 225‘s print and web publications. The internship offers opportunities to photograph inspiring Baton Rougeans and earn photo credit lines covering topics as varied as food, events, arts, entertainment and style.
Responsibilities of the internship include:
• Photographing assignments for our print magazine, weekly e-newsletter and website • Conceptualizing unique and creative ways to tell a story through photos
• Learning how to style food and products for editorials
• Attending and photographing events
• Writing photo cutlines
• Inputting metadata and preparing photos for production
The ideal candidate:
• Is a college student studying photography, photojournalism or related field
• Is eager to learn about and photograph subjects from Baton Rouge’s restaurant, arts and entertainment scenes
• Is open to constructive criticism and hoping to grow as a photographer
• Is detail-oriented and organized
• Works well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
This is a paid opportunity, or it can be applied toward college credit. Commitment is targeted at 6-12 hours per week.