Photo of gelato from La Divina, by Collin Richie.
La Divina Italian Café has released a scheduled of upcoming Kids’ Night performances.
The gelateria is hosting local children’s authors every Wednesday, 5 p.m.-7 p.m. The free events require no purchase. Each Wednesday, there will be two readings. The books will also be available for sale. The schedule for upcoming readings is below.
- April 1: Michelle Hirstius with JUJU the Good Voodoo
- April 8: Wendy Woods with Welcome Home Indigeaux
- April 15: Marita Gentry with There’s a Dragon in the Library
- April 22: A special Earth Day celebration featuring Angela Q. Bertonne with From an Acorn to an Oak: The Story of Rooty Eike
- April 29: Tracey Koch with Georges: The Goose from Toulouse Who Only Ate Cous Cous (Editor’s note: Koch writes “Dining In” each month for 225.)
- May 6: Holly Stone Barket with Mama’s Bayou
- May 13: Debbie Forbes with The Animal’s Secret Krewe
- May 20: Jeanne Webre Lamy with May Dragons Guard Your Dreams
- May 27: Michael Verrett with McSkeeter McNoid
- June 10: Teri D’Armond with Cotton Feels Rotten
For more information on La Divina, click here or call 771-8488.