In addition to arts, crafts and entertainment, Mid City’s Ogden Park Prowl Saturday, Sept. 24, will be full of great eats. We compiled a list of some of the delicious food vendors scattered around the Ogden Park neighborhood for the prowl this weekend.
- Mestizo: Serving Mexican cuisine with Louisiana flair, Mestizo has been a premier Mexican restaurant in Baton Rouge for more than 15 years
- Gov’t Taco: Jay Ducote will be present to serve up tacos from his future White Star Market eatery
- LA Mode Southern Craft Ice Cream: Enjoy some artisan ice cream inspired by Southern flavors
- Louisiana Lemonade: A lemonade stand with a traveling truck full of freshly prepared lemonades and limeades
- Leroy’s Lip Smackin’ Lemonade: Fresh-squeezed lemonade made by young Leroy and his parents with money going to children’s hospitals in Louisiana
- Ninja Snowballs: This traveling food truck has an array of snowball flavors and, of course, all the classics
- Taco de Paco: A food truck with all manner of yummy Mexican cuisine
- Pullin’ Pork: Looking for sausages, brisket and pulled pork? Look no further than this food truck
- Twine: This new specialty food and meat market on Government Street offers high-quality products, locally sourced
- Simple Joe: A cafe in the Ogden Park Shopping Center that specializes in sandwiches and freshly brewed coffee
Food from locals selling their own homemade items will also be featured, including GrinningJupiter Jammery and Elias Edibles, both selling jams and jellies and pickled items. There will also be a pop-up brunch event at Garden District Nursery (2544 Government St.) hosted by chef Michael Kopynec and Commonplate, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Music stages featuring local bands throughout the day will be set up on Bedford Drive, Hearthstone Drive and at Atomic Pop Shop. Radio Bar will be the setting for arts collective Elevator Projects’ “Sweep the Studio” sale and also the location of the Prowl after-party. Saturday is also the closing day for the longstanding Ogden Park vintage store Honeymoon Bungalow.
The Ogden Park Prowl is Sept. 24, 1-6 p.m. The neighborhood is bordered by Government Street, North Boulevard, Acadian Thruway and Ogden Drive.