Photo above of Ruffino’s chef Peter Sclafani.
Ruffino’s Restaurant is having a bit of fun with the Oscars this weekend. The Italian/Creole restaurant on Highland Road will host an Oscar night wine dinner Sunday, Feb. 22. The five-course, prix fixe dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. with three passed hors d’oeuvres. The Academy Awards will be shown on screens around the restaurant. The per guest price is $100.
Chef Peter Sclafani says he enjoyed coming up with the menu for this weekend’s festivities.
“It allowed us to push the creative envelope in a bit in certain areas, and that’s something I always love to do,” he says. “I think our guests will be delighted with the results.”
Check out the menu below. Call 753-3458 to make your reservation. For more information on Ruffino’s, click here.
- Song of the Sea: scallop ceviche
- Wild Tales: crawfish pies
- Emma Stone: stone ground grits with sous vide lamb belly
- American Sniper: American snapper, smoked tomato broth, fennel
- Benedict Cumberbatch: cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, corn and cucumber vinaigrette with baby greens
- Birdman: roast quail, oyster dressing, parsnip puree and quince vinaigrette
- Into the Woods: hand of the woods risotto, beef tenderloin medallions, Romanesco, salsify
- Theory of Everything: espresso panna cotta and espresso Napoleon